InKAS provides Korean language scholarships to overseas Korean adoptees as an opportunity to learn the Korean language at a prestigious university in South Korea. In association with a grant from the Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs and the participating universities, scholarship grantees can study at any of these language institutes: Ewha Womans, Korea, Kyunghee, Seoul National, Sogang, Sookmyung Women’s and Yonsei University.
1. Required Documents and Terms
- One on-line application form (login to inkas.org, new members must sign up and pay annual member fee)
- One photocopy of adoption document with your Korean name and birthdate
- One photocopy of your passport with valid passport number
- One photocopy of your high school diploma or higher
- One photo (3x4cm)
- For students re-applying for a second semester, only an application form needs to be resubmitted, but some documents might be requested by InKAS or the university.
- If you have any problems or issues from previous semesters at the Korean language school, your application can be rejected or your acceptance may be cancelled by personal notification.
- An applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Only fully-completed applications along with all the required documents will be accepted.
- Selections will be made entirely on a first-come first-served basis.
2. Application Deadline
- For Seoul National University : 24:00, December 24th (Korean time)
- For all other universities: 24:00, January 6th (Korean time)
3. How to apply
- Sign up or log into InKAS website ▷ Log in ▷ Our service ▷ Scholarship ▷ click on ‘Apply for scholarship’
- Fill out application form for 2012 winter scholarship ▷ Submit the completed form with all proper required documents
4. University information for language scholarships available through InKAS
Course available through InKAS
2013.03.13 - 2013.05.22
2013.03.07 - 2013.05.16
2013.04.01 - 2013.06.07
Seoul National Uni.
2013.03.04 - 2013.05.10
2013.03.05 - 2013.05.15
2013.03.11 - 2013.05.20
2013.04.01 - 2013.06.11
* Most Classes run from 9a.m to 1p.m Monday through Friday
* The university information above can be changeable by university’s decision
* We do not offer scholarships for alternative language programs (evening or shorter-hour classes)
- InKAS Application fee: 82,000KW (77.00 USD) : It's non-refundable. Please don't pay before receiving an official scholarship award e-mail.
- University registration fee: Different terms apply for each university.
- Tuition fee: 50% covered for 6 of the universities.
- Only 30% covered for Yonsei University.
** Please check the university websites for tuition pricing. All universities will confirm spring semester tuition rates on their websites by mid-January, 2013, so the prices may change slightly from winter semester rates.
** If you are a recipient of a scholarship for the 2013 spring semester, you will receive payment instructions and more information about this course by email.
** For further inquiries regarding InKAS Korean Language Scholarships, please email or contact InKAS.