2014 InKAS Korean Language Scholarships for Summer Semester
InKAS provides Korean language scholarships to overseas Korean adoptees as an opportunity to learn the Korean language at a prestigious university in South Korea. In association with a grant from the Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs and the participating universities, scholarship grantees can study at any of these language institutes: Ewha Womans, Korea, Kyunghee, Seoul National, Sogang, Sangmyuung, Sookmyung Women’s and Yonsei University.
1. Required Documents and Terms
- One on-line application form (inkas.org)
- One photocopy of adoption document with your Korean name
- One photocopy of your passport with valid passport number
- One photocopy of your high school diploma or higher
- One photo (3x4cm)
- For students re-applying for a second semester, only an application form needs to be resubmitted, but some documents might be requested by InKAS or the university.
- If you have any problems or issues from previous semesters at the Korean language school, your application can be rejected or your acceptance may be cancelled by personal notification.
- An applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Only fully-completed applications along with all the required documents will be accepted.
- Selections will be made entirely on a first-come first-served basis.
2. Application Deadline
- For all universities: 24:00, March 30th (Korean time)
3. How to apply
- Sign up or log into InKAS website ▷ Log in ▷ Our service ▷ Scholarship ▷ click on ‘Apply for scholarship’
- Fill out application form for 2014 summer scholarship ▷ Submit the completed form with all proper required documents
4. University information for language scholarships available through InKAS
Course available through InKAS
Seoul National Uni.
* Classes run from 9a.m to 1p.m Monday through Friday
* The university information above can be changeable by university’s decision
* We do not offer scholarships for alternative language programs (evening or shorter-hour classes)
- InKAS Application fee: 82,000KW (77.00 USD) : It's non-refundable. Please don't pay before receiving an official scholarship award e-mail.
- University registration fee: Different terms apply for each university.
- Tuition fee: 50% covered for 7 of the universities.
Only 30% covered for Yonsei University.
* Any previous scholarship cancellations can have a negative impact on your ability to receive another scholarship for 2014 summer semester.
* Please check the university websites for spring semester schedule once again.
* If you are a recipient of a scholarship for the 2014 summer semester, you will receive payment instructions and more information about this course by email.
For further inquiries regarding InKAS Korean Language Scholarships, please email or contact InKAS.