(“Space-in & Space-out”) Project Outline
Purpose & Background:
The essence of “Space-in & Space-Out (SISO) exhibition” is to create a platform of exchange between international Korean Adoptees and Korean native artists. Art has always been a non-verbal method of communication that inhabits a particular language of its own, and this is exactly what this exhibition will accomplish.
Numerously talented Korean Adoptees have thrived in fields of art for years. It has come to a point where many Korean artists have begun to notice these unique gifts from afar. Supporters of this exhibition are eager to engage not only established but also to encourage young aspiring artists to share their works with the Korean art community. This will be an empowering experience for 15 cultures to merge under the experience of discovering new forms and ideas of art. As most forms of art are continuations of developing ideas, this exhibition will contribute to the betterment of modern art in Korea as well as an opportunity for your work to debut in the Korean market. We project that the artistic exchange made in this exhibition will generate synergy and network amongst artists nationwide and worldwide.
Exhibition Title: Space-in & Space-Out
Exhibition Dates: October 1st, 2014(Wednesday) 6PM – October 7th(Tuesday)
Location: “Misulsegye Gallery” (Insa-dong, Jeongro, Seoul,)
Participating Artists: 30 Adoptee Artists & 30 Korean Artists
· Korean Native Artists
o Bachelor’s Degree in Art
o Priority offered to artists who can contribute to help Korean adoptee artists integrate and exhibit art work into the Korean art community
§ Ex. Ability and connections to invite KADs to future exhibitions in Korea
· International Korean Adoptee Artists
o International Korean adoptees artists of all experience
· Drawing, Painting, Illustrations, Photography, Digital Art
* Other genre art works like sculture will be acceptable if they can be attached on the wall
How to apply:
Download and fill out this form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Submit photos of your 1 to 4 art works www.webhard.net
§ Step 1: Login to website
· ID: inkassiso
· Password: inkasguest
§ Step 2: Upload
· Upload 1 to 4 art pieces
§ Step 3: Double check
· Make sure your file is titled correctly
o Ex. “Full Name, Title of Art, Medium, Date of work”
· Size limit of actual work: (91.0 x 72.7 cm)
· jpg file
· Pixel: minimum 300 dpi
· Submit value price of your art work (if for sale)
Evaluation & Selection:
· Panel of professional on the board of the “2014 SISO Planning Committee” will evaluate all submitted works
· Selected artists will be granted the opportunity to exhibit their works in the SISO exhibition
o Artists will be given to option to exhibit another artwork other than the selected piece. However, it is recommended that the work be the same due to the photo that will be printed in our catalogue.
· Selected artists’ work and profile will be including in our catalogue
o Your work may potentially be televised in media and/or presented on the official SISO website for further use (upon consent)
o Monetary compensation will not be made for such circumstance
o Korean Artists: June 23th, 2014 ~ August 26th, 2014
o Korean Adoptee Artists: June 9th, 2014 ~ August 26th, 2014
· Nominated Korean artists are asked to deliver art work to “Misulsegye Gallery” by 12:00PM on September 30th.
· Nominated adoptee artists will be given a stipend from InKAS (International-
Korean Adoptee Services) for your international shipping.
(Be sure to elaborate your name and contact and brief description of work on back side of piece)
InKAS Address: Bok-Chang building #703, 80 Sogongdong, JungKu, Seoul, 100-070
· Damaged or missing work will not be at SISO or InKAS’ fault and or disposal. We highly recommend that you file for insurance.
· All work will be displayed in the gallery according to SISO’s allocation
· Plagiarized work will NOT be accepted
Hosting & Sponsoring Organizations:
· Host organization: InKAS (International Korean Adoptee Services)
· Operating organization: InKAS & INAE(International Network for Art Exchange)
· Sponsor: Ministry of Health and Welfare & Korea Adoption Services (KAS) &
Monthly Art etc.
o Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
o Office: +82-2-3148-0258
o Fax: +82-2-3148-0259